Microsoft SQL Server 2016 turns your mission-critical applications into intelligent applications with in-memory performance and advance analytics built in.
- Combine in-memory columnstore and rowstore capabilities in SQL Server 2016 for fast analytical processing right on your transactional data. Open up new scenarios like real-time fraud detection, scale your business with up to 30x faster transactions, and improve query performance from minutes to seconds.
- Gain mission-critical uptime, fast failover, easy setup, and load balancing of readable secondaries with enhanced Always On in SQL Server 2016—a unified solution for high availability and disaster recovery. Plus, put an asynchronous replica in an Azure Virtual Machine for hybrid high availability.
- Protect data at rest and in motion with a database that has the least vulnerabilities of any major platform for six years running (National Institute of Standards and Technology, National Vulnerability Database, May 4, 2015). Security innovations in SQL Server 2016 help secure data for mission-critical workloads with a multilayered approach, adding Always Encrypted technology along with row level security, dynamic data masking, and robust auditing.
- Built to run some of the most demanding workloads, SQL Server consistently leads in TPC-E, TPC-H, and real-world application performance benchmarks. Scale up to 640 logical processors when paired with Windows Server 2016—delivering the ability to have up to 12 TB of addressable memory.
- Scale to petabytes of data for enterprise-grade relational data warehousing—and integrate with non-relational sources like Hadoop—using scale out, massively parallel processing from Microsoft Analytics Platform System (APS). Support small data marts to large enterprise data warehouses while reducing storage needs with enhanced data compression.
- Get access to data, both big and small, with PolyBase technology that queries Hadoop data using simple Transact-SQL commands. In addition, new JSON support lets you parse and store JSON documents and output relational data into JSON files.